Sunday 26 May 2013

Typography Happy Birthday rocker card for Daughter-in-law.

Hi Guys',

Well, where do I start, it's been so long I don't know if I can remember how to post on my blog. I won't go into the boring details, but so much has happened lately, hence, no posts.

I'm working part time again. Started in December. Was getting too bored living the life of riley, and my gadding in my camper isn't cheap, so killing two birds with one stone. I've also got a puppy. A beautiful little black and white cockerpoo called Bella. She'll be lovely company in the van, once she's past the stupid stage :) Pop over to my other blog and have a read at our goings on in the camper. And finally, I'm building a website for handmade bespoke wedding stationery. Now there's a job and a half. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Now down to the business of the day. I made a couple of cards this week in the style of 'Typography'. It seems to be everywhere, so I thought I'd have a go.

This first card was for one of the girls at work, for a special Daughter in Law.






It's a rocker card designed using Craftartist2, in my favourite colour. Yes, you guessed. Lilac. I do love it when a customer tells you just to make it pretty and gives you artistic license.

The backing papers and topper design are from the Clipart Fairy 'Flowers and Butterflies' range. I used the Spellbinders grand big scallop for the card body, glittered all the edges and decoupaged the butterflies.



 
 
 
 
The typography was easier than I thought it would be. I just imported several different letter sets from my digi kits, and typed in the words. Craftartist chooses a mixture of letters automatically. If you don't like the choice, just change it. Each letter is editable. Then I tilted a few, sent some to the back and added a shadow.
 
 
To finish I added a Hunkydory sentiment, some lilac card candy and a lilac bow from my stash.
 
I think it looks great, hope you do too. My customer loved it.
 
 
I am entering this card into the following challenges :-
 
 
Joanna Sheen - Girls, Girls, Girls.
Craft 4 Eternity - Get into shape.
Fab 'N' Funky - Ribbon and/or lace.
 
 
 

Great to be back,
 
see you soon.....
 
 
Jools.
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty - thanks for sharing for the Fab 'n' Funky 'ribbon and/or lace' challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jools, Great to see you posting again and with such a lovely card, great colours, thanks also for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week. Good Luck.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome bag to blogland great card. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky Good Luck.
    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Jools. Gorgeous shape and colours.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete