Wednesday 30 October 2013

Silver Wedding Anniversary Card.

Hi Guys',

A good morning to my fellow bloggers, from a beautiful sunny Spalding, cold, but beautiful. Thought I'd share one of my several silver wedding anniversary cards that I've made in the past couple of months. Did something relevant happen in 1988, or is it just that my friends are of that age group where they're all celebrating their silver wedding? I think it may be the latter.

Todays card was for one of the girls at work, to give to her loving husband. The brief was to incorporate some kind of invitation for the special trip she'd planned as his present.







The card was designed in CAP2 in neutral cream, black and grey, to make the card more masculine. The backing paper is a simple broiderie type design, in cream and grey and to add that special touch, I stamped 25 randomly all over it. For the greeting I made a tag with calligraphy type text, in keeping with the wedding theme.  I added shadows to give the appearance of depth and finished it off with a heart embellishment. It was then attached to the card with black and silver ribbon.








The invite part was the most troublesome, so I decided to make another tag and put it into a pocket.








To finish, I added some decorative cut-outs, using the same design as the backing paper, with some black card candy for extra detail.








I boxed the card, again using the same design as the backing paper.


Hope you like it and thanks for popping by.


I am entering this card into the following challenges :- 


 
 

See you soon.

Jools.  xx



 

4 comments:

  1. What a fab card, great idea with the pocket for the tag, thank you for joining in Premium Craft Brands, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design and love your choice of font. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! I love the design of your card. It looks incredibly and uniquely gorgeous. I also create wedding anniversary cards myself, but mostly as digital and I truly get inspired with this kind of card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Cheers xxxx
    Rasmi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Rasmi, it's what makes me want to create. xx

      Delete