Saturday 29 March 2014

Graduation Book a Easel Card.

Good morning everyone,

It's a beautiful day here in Spalding, so before I go out to sample the sun I thought I'd just say hi. So..... Hi..... I'm off now.  ;) 

Seriously, if ever, today's card was made for a work colleague who's daughter has just graduated with honours. She is now a fully fledged Nurse. ( Now the hard work begins )







I love making wordbooks for cards that are a little more formal. For this one I used a Clipart Fairy image from the graduation kit.






It's such a great image, very quirky. There's another one for a male too, just as quirky. Think I'll have that as my word of the day.....Quirky. :)






The main image is decoupaged to give it a bit of dimension.









The book has three layers, although, with the clever use of stripes it looks like there are more. The greeting was coloured with the colour picker in CAP2 to match the little girls shoes and a bit of black and white spotty ribbon add to the quirky feeling.








Finally, some flowers and card candy and a box in contrasting paper to complete it.  I absolutely love it. I hope Sinead does. 



I am entering this card into the following challenges :-





Thank you for stopping by, the sun is calling and to all the Mums out there, Happy Mothering Sunday tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jools.   xxx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous image and I love your whole design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jools that is one amazing inspiring card that!.. well done!! beautifully executed and sure to be treasured. Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes her hard work will definitely start now!! I know first hand as a paediatric nurse myself!! Great card it is truly gorgeous
    Thanks for joining in this week at Inky impressions challenge.
    Hugs katie x

    ReplyDelete