Wednesday 22 February 2012

Tulip and Friends

Hi Guy's,

I'm really loving my new DVDcd roms from Docrafts. They cover just about every occasion and these two cards are made using tulip and friends.  I needed to make a special card for my best friend's BIG birthday ( half a century, OMG ) but couldn't decide which one to use. See what you think.






This first one says it all, a Big card with a Big cake for a Big birthday. I used an 8x8 card for this one with the free size decoupage. That's what I like about these latest dvd's, you can decide what size and how many levels without having to print out the whole sheet, as with some of the other cd's. They're all separate. Love all the backing papers too, really pretty and girly without being over the top, subtle. I inked around all the edges with Tim Holtz milled lavender, as is mandatory, isn't it? I think it adds that finishing touch. The flower is the Spellbinder daisy and I used the same pattern as the backing papers to make it. As you will have noticed, there is no number on this card. That's because I decided to use my other choice.




 
I think this one is definitely more suitable for my best bud. What other way should you spend your 50th birthday, than relaxing on a chaise longue with champagne in hand. I used pretty much the same ingredients as I did for the cake, with the addition of the 50, which was cut out in holographic card on my Cricut. Not sure what font I used, just as long as it was quite chunky I didn't really mind. The with love greetings tag is from cardart papercrafts. I love their tags and banners because you can get them in every colour for every occasion, and they're reasonable. I got to use my glitter on this one too, lovely...... Hope you like 'em.


see you soon,

Jools. xx




No comments:

Post a Comment