This first one is a standard easel card, which I designed in Craft Artist Professional. I used backing papers from the 'Country chic flower' collection by The clipart Fairy. I love her style and use a lot of her papers in my designs.
I made the frame using the punch feature in CA, adding effects to give a cushioned, 3D look, before mounting it with foam tape onto the background. It's a bit fiddly, there are six layers to the frame, all with individual effects, but I'm getting better and it looks really great. A flat photogragh doesn't really do it justice. The daisy and hearts were from the kit, with the the compulsory sprinkling of glitter.. I'm going to have a go at designing my own flowers soon, now that I'm getting the hang of the graghics program. I'll show you my efforts later.
The second card was again a traditional easel ( does it show that I like 'em? ). This one is for my friends Mum. I was told anything with Westies or gardening. I went for westies, because I knew I had exactly the right image on one of my CD's. It definately has the ' ahhh ' cute factor, don't you think?
The image is taken from an original painting by an Italian artist called 'Giordano'. Joanna Sheen has produced a couple of CD's using his work. This one is from the 'Puppies & Kittens' cd. Take a look, you won't be dissappointed. I curved the text in MCS and used my spellbinders Grand scalloped circles to cut out the design and mat and layer. Again, my license to glitter was used, also a touch of Tim Holtz spun sugar distress ink, to take off the stark whiteness of the card. It's ok using supersmooth, bright white paper for printing, but it is what it says on the box, bright white. Don't know what I'd do without distressing ink, dazzling a load of folk, I suppose. Does anyone recognise the flowers?
My third card is completely different. My sister ordered this one and chose what she wanted to go on the card. It's about time I started doing something with all my parchment toppers I suppose.
I think this card was the most complicated out of all of the cards. I'ts a big card, 8x8, so a lot of space to fill. I found a great piece of papermania backing paper, which had Mothers' Day plastered all over it, and it was the right colour too, our Mum loves blue. I have loads of pads with backing papers in, but since I've started cd crafting, I rarely look at them. I must make an effort.
The whitework topper was made using the Pergamano multi grid, no14. I really enjoyed doing these toppers, as with the butterflies, you can do them while relaxing at night watching tv. Very therapeutic. But I must remind myself to do something with them! The tulip topper was mounted onto the largest of the spellbinder lacey circles, S4-293. Just the right size. Bit of denim blue distressing and a trail of gems for the butterfly and the card was born. Ahhh....
Well that's all for now, I think I'll go and play at designing some flowers. Or I could have a go at using my guilding flakes that arrived a couple of days ago. I really must stop spending.