Monday 9 April 2012

Tea light cards.


 
Hope everyone has had a nice Easter Holiday. Pity about the weather though. So remaining in the theme of keeping warm and cosy, with a bit of naughtiness, I've made another card using the Craft Artist Cocoa Latte digikit. I've had this digikit for over a year now and didn't realise how lovely it is until now. This card isn't just a card though, as I've already said in an earlier post I like to make things a bit different from just run of the mill cards.







As you can see it's a card with a gift included, scented tea lights. These are cinnamon scent and have made the card smell lovely. I think it really adds to the appeal of the card. I made the card using the Crafters Companion Boxer board, it's actually one of the demo's on the crafters companion advanced construction dvd. The only deviation I made was the size of the card. Sara demonstrates it with 12x12 card stock, I found this left the actual card part too small, so for this card I used A3. It's only an inch wider, but you'd be surprised at the difference it makes.






All the pieces were distressed with Tim Holtz Antique Linen, including the edges of the box part of the card, the cream was sooooo bright. It all adds to the choholate feel. To give the card a finishing touch, I decoupaged some luscious pink marshmallows onto the frothy top. A nice sweet treat.

I'm entering this card into the Pan Pastels UK Challenge, sweet treats.

 





This card is my prototype, which, as mentioned above, was made using Sara's measurements. It doesn't look that different in the photograph, but believe me, it is smaller. It's a nice girly one this time. The decoupage and backing paper are from my Docrafts Me to You CD and the flower is from MCS printed in three sizes and layered.

I may try and make the card part even bigger next time, by joining two pieces of card at the spine. I'll have to experiment, it may throw the balance of the card out because the tea lights are quite heavy.


Thanks for popping by,

See you soon,

Jools. xxxx




8 comments:

  1. A really fantastic card, love those marshmallows. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fab card, gorgeous colours and I bet it smells scrummy too. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay and Claire for the lovely comments, and for dropping by. Yes Claire, it does smell scrummy, pity we don't have smellovision. Getting to grips with my PP's and will post soon, hopefully. Jools. xx

      Delete
  3. Jools, these are gorgeous. Think my favourite has to be Tatty Bear. Thanks for following my blog. I have done likewise and shall look forward to seeing creations by a fellow NHS employee (I'm a Medical Secretary!!). Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kym, thanks for coming by and following my blog. Tatty Ted does seem to be a firm favourite by many folk, so from one Nashie to another, welcome and see you soon. Jools. xx

      Delete
  4. Well ... these are rather snazzy! Good work here Jools, sooo pretty ..Can't wait to see how you are getting on with your 'Pans'!
    Thank you for joining us at this weeks PanPastel UK challenge x
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eileen, welcome back from your hols. Glad you like my tealight cards, the cinnamon one smells yummy.PP's are coming on, think my next post on PP challenge will have some in. Jools. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eileen, i have been looking through your blog and love your cards and especially the tea light ones ... i have become a follower so i can keep up with what you do .... hope the rain stops soon so you can enjoy your motor home ...i would love one of those myself.

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete