Sunday 1 April 2012

Wedding invitations and evening postcards.

I've just finished my first commission for wedding invitations, phew. Never realised how stressful it would be, they all need to be so perfect. I was scared to touch them in case I got a mark on them. So here they are, boxed and ready to go. I'm so pleased with the end result and the bride loves them.





I had to work to a budget, so the invites were kept simple. No pocket type with all the usual additional information inside. I did give the bride the choice of three toppers though. Entwined hearts, rings and champagne and glasses. They're all tonic punches and when matted they look the part. I used the two smallest spellbinders labels 1, just the right size for the tonic image.






The bride opted for the entwined hearts with her chosen colour of teal for the accessories. I sourced the pearls and ribbon from an ebay shop called weddings-on-a-budget. Very reasonable and with lots of colour matches. The wording is a standard  silver wedding peel off from Hobbycraft.  The insert was just a standard insert with a fancy teal coloured font and wedding rings.




The evening invitations are a bit different. I was told that Nat wanted postcard type. I took it literally to mean 'Postcard', so I set about designing some, even down to the stamp. We all had a good laugh about that when she came to visit for the final check, but as it turned out, she loved them. I must admit, they are quite unique, I don't think I've ever seen any.






So all's well that ends well. The design will definitely be going into my wedding portfolio. Anyway, must dash, Nat spotted my easel/drawer cards while she was here and ordered six. (I posted them on 14th March if you didn't see them) She wants them personalising for each bridesmaid and she's giving them as combined thank you cards and gift boxes for each one. She's bought them all a necklace which she will put in the drawers. What a great idea, never thought of that one. Well this is what my craft room looks like. It's a bit of a production line at the moment.





They'll keep me out of mischief for a while won't they? Trouble is, my new pan pastels are still sat in a box, screaming at me. Oh well, one day soon.

See ya soon.

Jools.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment