Saturday 16 June 2012

Double Easel Naming Day Card for a Boy, with Card Embroidery.



Hi Bloggers,

How's everyone today? There is one good thing about this strange summer we're having, loads of time to do some card embroidery and todays card is an embroidered one. It's a 'Naming the Baby' card, which is quite unusual. I think that's why I liked it,  I love things a bit unusual and this certainly is. The nice thing about card embroidery is that you can choose which colour pallette you want to use. In this case I chose blue for a boy.







The template is from stitching cards, I have quite a few designs from there now. I covered how to do card embroidery and what materials I use in March of this year. If you fancy having a go, have a look  here.







The shape I used for the main part of the easel is the grand labels eleven die from spellbinder. I used white 220gsm linen card for the main design, the same card in cream for the second layer and a pale pearlescent blue for the third layer, which I turned longways and mounted onto the easel. Before mounting it I had to shape the main easel layer to fit the blue layer. It looked odd otherwise with white corners sticking out!!!







The verse and the with love were printed on my laser printer and then hot foiled in silver. The verse was mat and layered onto the same cream and white card. The with love shape is a grommet tag die, again from spellbinder. This was faux layered with onto cream linen card. I added a small silver coloured cross and some beaded hearts for embellishment and that final touch.

Of course I'll have to do one in pink now, I can't leave the girls out, can I?

Hope you like it.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges :-

Crafters Companion Challenge Blog - Time to embellish. 


See you soon and thanks for coming by and looking at my work.

Jools. xxx


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jools, love all the elements on it. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Ooh La La this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Card Jools. One question- How many hours did that take?Beautiful and very unusual.

    Suex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ask Sue, it took a couple. :) xx

      Delete
  3. Oh Jools, this is so beautiful, a real keepsake. Love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jools! It's been a real treat and a pleasure to visit your lovely blog! Your cards are beautiful!
    I'm your newest follower! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! :-)
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jools, WOW ! What a gorgeous card for a new Baby Boy. It will be a wonderful keepsake for the parents.

    I also love to do embroidery on paper, my first cards were either embroidery or paperfolding before I discovered rubber stamping & inks. I need to get back to using these techniques sometimes. Enjoy your week, Shirleyx ps. thanks for your kind comment at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Jools, such a wonderful keepsake.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Jools! I really love the embroidery, it looks like it's been a labour of love :) Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful work Jools. Something to treasure forever .
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely card, and the verse is perfect, thank for joining us at OLL
    hugs

    ReplyDelete