Thursday 22 March 2012

Baby's first birthday wordbook and picture window.

Hi all,

Just finished a first birthday wordbook for one of the girls at work and thought I'd share it with you. Been a few day's since last posting, you can tell I'm back at work. Anyway, it's digitally crafted using Craft Artist Pro. I used CA because my customer wanted loads of pictures to record her baby's first year and I just love the selection of intelligent frames on the digikits available.  Here's the book closed, it's quite large, the last page is 5" x 12".





The pages and letters of the wordbook are from the Funky Daze cd, by Funky Hand. I love her work, it's so grungy yet still pretty. I imported the letters into my CA and played around with the colours to make it more suitable for a baby. The embellishments were from various CA digikits, I wanted to add a bit of dimension so it wasn't just a flat word book. The 'I am 1' balloon was glazed with glossy accents just to make it stand out more. Then the fun began. My friend sent me so many pickies I didn't have a clue which to use.






I managed to fit eight photo's in the book, all with different intelligent frames and captions. Hope she likes my choices.  It was printed on 220gsm supersmooth card and finished with my Bind-it-all. Didn't have blue so had to use silver. Added loads of ribbon in various colours and a few pompoms and there you have it.

This next one is also a card with a difference, It's a picture window card by My Craft Studio. There are several cd's to choose from, this one is an adaptation of  a Crystal Sparkles picture window, with all the illustrations and embellishments from the Young at Heart, 3rd Anniversary cd's.






This style card has proved to be very popular amongst my customers, it's very 3D and also has a kinetic movement.  I've made quite a few now,  birthday, wedding, anniversary, new baby, etc. There really is no limit, they can be adapted to suit any occasion. Again, I printed onto supersmooth card and added a sentiment from cardart. A bit of glitter round the edges of the animal heads adds that finishing touch. A chocolate box style ribbon on the side and it's done.


Hope you like them, thanks for popping by, gonna go and play with my panpastels, I'll post my efforts another day.

bye....

Jools. x



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Work Jools... Well worth the time spent to make something so lovely and special ... The card is gorgeous as well .... waiting to see what you do with the PanPastels ..... ! Exx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, how's baby? Thanks for the comment, you're right, it took hours, but worth it, my customer loved it. Have to get my creative head on this afternoon and have a go with the pan pastels, but the bar has been set awfully high. :) xx

      Delete